LANDSENSE INNOVATION CHALLENGE – Empowering communities to monitor & report on their environment
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
The LandSense Challenge targets individuals, web-entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs coming from all participating Horizon 2020 countries, to present innovative IT solutions addressing one of the three LandSense domains:
- Urban Landscape Dynamics
- Agricultural Land Use
- Forest & Habitat Monitoring
The challenge focuses on using data streams coming from the LandSense Citizen Observatory, the Sentinel Hub Service or other relevant EO data sources to design novel Land Use/Land Cover solutions for a range of applications within the selected domains.
Four LandSense Challenge finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at the Third International ECSA Conference 2020 in Trieste, Italy. Please note that registration for the ECSA Conference is not required for participation in this public challenge. However, all finalists are encouraged to attend the conference and share with this growing community of citizen science practitioners.
Each of the finalists will receive:
- A travel voucher in the amount of 250 EUR per team for attending the event in Trieste
- Business coaching and mentorship services at the challenge
- Matchmaking and networking opportunities with leading experts in EO and citizen science
- Promotional services by LandSense
The team with the best pitch in Trieste will receive:
- A grand prize of 1,500 EUR (in the form of a check presented at the event)
- A 1 year subscription to Sentinel Hub Enterprise, worth 5,000 EUR, provided by SINERGISE
- Online business coaching and mentorship services provided by the LandSense team
The first stage calls for ideas and invites participants to submit proposals for IT-based LULC solutions within one of three LandSense domains. Proposals (up to 2 pages long) should be submitted to the LandSense team by Friday 10 April 2020 (5pm CET), using the following email address: email@example.com.
Please see the LandSense Challenge Application Form for further details. Although not mandatory, participants are highly encouraged to exploit the various open LandSense datasets, provided as part of the challenge, in their proposals.Datasets will be available on Feb 17, 2020.
In the second stage, the LandSense expert jury will select 4 proposals and announce the finalists on Monday 20 April 2020 (5pm CET). The finalists will be invited to the public challenge event in Trieste.
|Deadline for submission of proposals||Invitation of selected finalists until||Challenge date in Trieste|
|Friday 10 April 2020, 17:00 CET||Friday 24 April 2020, 17:00 CET||Wednesday 27 May 2020|